About the Job
The Regional Channels Manager will report into the Head of Channels APJ and serve as a key member of the team responsible for the responsible for the strategy, execution, training, relationship-building, sales and monthly billings generated through Akamai’s strategic partners. This position will be responsible for identifying, initiating and driving to productive outcomes, strategic go-to-market and joint solution initiatives with leading Enterprise technology vendors and System Integrators/Service Providers.
About the Team
The Channel Sales team is responsible for growing customer count and revenues for Akamai by developing and enabling both global and in-country partners that may include system integrators, service providers and digital media partners. The channel sales teams is to help channel partners become effective and includes actively positioning Akamai products and services to broader end user customer base in all industry verticals. The team manages all sales cycles through those channel partners and sells every Akamai service available.
•Help define the regional channel revenue strategy mix and identify the relevant industry-based channel eco-system to recruit & enable
•Enable the local sales, marketing and operational teams.
•Drive the indirect sales pipeline
•Define the channel marketing plan
•Execute the Partner Enablement & effectiveness program
•Manage Channel Operations
* Drive the development and coordination of long-range sales strategies to assure incremental growth of Akamai’s revenue within partner customer base
* Champion and maintain a senior-level relationship with the key strategic partners
* Attainment the assigned sales quota and company business objectives
* Bachelors degree in business or engineering
* minimum 8+ years of sales experience related to Internet, Network, Web Applications services and products
* Demonstrated sales skills utilizing a proven sales process such as Solutions Selling in your day-to-day discussions
*Successful sales track record of quota achievement in both direct and indirect sales role
*Track record of deploying an in-direct sales strategy, with full execution responsibility
* Demonstrated knowledge of multiple technology platforms including: Web Applications (Commerce), Internet, Network Services, Middleware platforms (WebSphere) and Hosting
*Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills